LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 Tamirra
|
Hi,

I answered "C" on this because it seemed like the author established a chronological sequence in several places (all the way through paragraph 2) and then arguing their importance throughout. That struck me as what he/she was primarily concerned with rather than "B".

Thanks!
Tamirra
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Tamirra,

Good question, and good analysis!

The problem with answer choice C is that it's not accurate to say the author is primarily "arguing the importance" of a chronological sequence. You get the clearest sense that the "chronological sequence" is not the primary concern of the author in lines 37 to 41 of the passage, where the author says, "What makes the recent studies particularly compelling, however, is not so much their organization of chronology as their unflinching willingness to confront the reasons for the collapse of the women's movement." This tells us the author is primarily concerned with the recent studies' willingness to confront the reasons for collapse (because the author finds this willingness particularly compelling), and not the chronology per se.

That little word "primarily" is the key word in the question stem. It's asking you to look for the first (or foremost) concern of the author, not just something the author discusses (but places less importance on).

I hope this helps!

Jeremy

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.