LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 mpoulson
|
Hello,

I see support for D, but I don't see why A is wrong. Can you explain why A is wrong or what the text would have to say to be correct? I thought the problem in research methodology would be the "myopic focus on the premise that, unless right-to-work laws implies legislation has not actually had a significant impact" and the recommended solution would be the different view provided by M. Carroll. Please help. Thank you.

V/r,

Micah
 Clay Cooper
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Micah,

I think this question may be posted in the wrong place; it doesn't seem to be about women in the revolution.
 kathrynk
|
I chose E instead of D for this question. I understand why E is not a great fit, but could someone explain why D is correct?

Thanks!
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Kathryn!

It always helps to breakdown passages into their individual paragraphs so that we have a strong sense of the passage structure. So let's start there:

Paragraph 1: Introduces the two international law doctrines that have historically been used to define the extent of a nation's power over its coastal waters
Paragraph 2: Discusses the historical lack of standards of conduct applied to the "open seas"
Paragraph 3: Traces the lack of standards to popular perceptions that were historically held
Paragraph 4: Argues that to date, the law has not comprehensively addressed controlling pollution and regulating ocean resources but that international law does not preclude this and that recent developments may lead to future international laws in this area

Answer choice (D) states "a historical analysis of a problem that requires international attention." This describes the passage well. The first three paragraphs present the historical analysis of the problem of a lack of standards and regulations; the last paragraph describes why the problem requires international attention.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.