LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Zarie Blackburn
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 lathlee
|
Hi. I cannot find the data that would support as B as the correct final answer choice in the text. what am i missing
 Shannon Parker
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
lathlee wrote:Hi. I cannot find the data that would support as B as the correct final answer choice in the text. what am i missing
Hi.

Lines 51-56 demonstrate that "B" is the correct answer choice; stating that when the bacteria simultaneously measures the concentration at the front and back, it will not respond to the jump in concentration because, although the concentration would be high, it would be uniform.

Hope this clears it up.

Shannon
 mmathew
|
Hey,

I have the same question. Do we directly refer to the second mechanism because the conclusion states that it is true?
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi M,

Yes, the passage clearly states that the second mechanism (measuring attractant at different times) is the one supported by actual evidence. However, this question is giving us a counterfactual situation, where we use the information given in the passage about the first proposed mechanism (measuring attractant simultaneously) to come up with evidence that would support it. As Shannon noted, lines 51-56 tell us what this evidence would look like: the bacteria would not exhibit a response to a change in concentration, because the concentration would still be uniform.

Answer choice (B) spells this scenario out exactly: the bacteria do not respond to a change in attractant concentration, which would support the predictions made by the first proposed mechanism about simultaneous measurement of attractant.

Hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.