LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Passage Discussion

VIEWSTAMP Analysis:

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 cd1010
|
Hi! I have a question about timing. What would be an okay target for this passage, since it has 8 questions? I answered each of the questions within 48 - 73 seconds, but the passage took me a little over 3 minutes, so I took about 10 minutes for this passage.
 Dana D
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey CD,

In general, you have about 8 minutes and 45 seconds for each passage in an RC section, but since this section has 8 questions, it's understandable that you spent a bit longer on it. Rather than focusing on one passage as a time target, I would look at how you do with time for a complete RC section - are you going over on all passages or are you able to finish those with fewer questions in less time?

If you're spending 10 minutes on each passage, start reflecting on how you are spending your time. Do you need to reread the passage to answer each question? Do you find yourself re-reading the answer choices again and again when trying to pick the right one? Identifying these habits and working to correct them should help you reduce your time overall if needed.

Hope that helped!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.