LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Zarie Blackburn
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (C).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 yrivers
|
Hi, I chose A for this question thinking that it's supported by the passage. Looking at the correct answer now I see it's not the BEST answer, but can you please expand a bit more on C as opposed to the other answers? Thank you!
 Francis O'Rourke
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The United States and the United Kingdom are two examples of countries that do not reserve the right to unilaterally modify contracts. This is only something that the passage identifies with France. The US and the UK need to add this provision into contracts and thus they cannot do so unilaterally. Choice (C) is the exact opposite of what the author gives us in the passage.
 gavelgirl
|
Hi!

I got the answer correct when choosing C but it took me a while because I was torn between B and C. Why is B incorrect?
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi gavelgirl!

These are certainly similar answer choices so it makes sense why you would spend some time making sure you had the difference between them figured out! Answer choice (C) ends up being correct because the examples of government contracts in the U.S. and U.K. are presented specifically to support the first part of that paragraph, that " the French law of administrative contracts, although adopted by several countries, is not so universally accepted that it can be embraced as a general principle of law." What gets confusing is that that first sentence of the paragraph is used to support the passage's general assertion that there is no general principle of law governing contracts between private individuals and governments.

So the difference is about direct support. The example of the U.S. and the U.K. is there to directly support the main idea of that paragraph, which is in turn used to support the main idea of the passage.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.