LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (C).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 yrivers
|
Hi,

Could you please explain where in the passage we can find the answer to #4? This was one that I had lots of trouble with. I wasn't sure where/how one could get to this answer. I chose A but frankly wasn't sure how to eliminate the others.

Thanks!
Yaesul
 Francis O'Rourke
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Posner objects to the law-and-literature movement's claim that "lawyers can offer special insight into literature that deals with legal matters" by asserting that literature rarely puts legal questions at issue. (lines 20-27) From this we can infer that posner might agree that legal training would be useful if literature actually discussed legal questions. That may sound rather tenuous, but the question itself asks you only to identify what Posner might find legal training useful for.
 elewis10
|
Why is D wrong? Thanks.
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi E. Lewis,

Answer choice (D) is incorrect for the same reason that all the answer choices, save for (C), are: Posner believes that literature only "seldomly" poses actual legal questions, instead using legal issues as only literary devices. Consequently, legal analysis of these literary works is fruitless, because there are no actual legal problems present to be solved. Basically, you only need a lawyer if there is a legal question, not a literary one; answer choice (C) says exactly this, so it is the correct answer.

Hope this clears things up!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.