LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(See the complete passage discussion here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=11403)

The correct answer choice is (A)

The passage never states that many working parents are forced to decline professional positions in order to accept more flexible nonprofessional positions.
 sarae
|
Why is answer choice C incorrect? In lines 43-46 it is mentioned that working parents may be forced to take jobs with limited responsibility and more limited career opportunities in order to have a more flexible schedule.
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi sarae,

Thanks for your question--take another look at that question type: it is a Must be True EXCEPT, which means that the correct answer choice is the one that is not confirmed to be true by the stimulus--the four incorrect answers to such a question will be the ones that Must Be True.

You are correct that the author mentions answer choice C--that is what makes this choice one of the four incorrect answer choices.

I hope that's helpful! Please let me know whether this is clear--thanks!

~Steve
 sarae
|
Oh! that was a dumb mistake, sorry!

However, in lines 51-59 the article discusses women being more likely to become a teacher rather than a school administrator in order to have less conventional full time work schedules. I'm assuming A is correct because a teacher is just a different specialization rather than a nonprofessional job?

Thanks!!
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey sarae,

That's exactly right.

~Steve

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.