LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (A).

Answer choice (A): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 sarahlara
|
Hello,

Can you please explain why C wouldn't be correct? I was thinking the research into the genetic code of cells led to the discovery of using rDNA to treat major diseases? I can see why A is correct as I was between A and C but I thought C was more focused on how the research on rDNA was able to be used for medical treatments? Please help thank you!
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sarah,

The problem with answer choice C is that it suggests there are already such new treatments being used. But all the passage says is that "[p]harmaceutical products already developed, but not yet marketed, indicate that these predictions may be realized." Since the products from the passage are not yet marketed, that means they may not necessarily currently be in use (and, in fact, they're probably not in use). And since the passage says these predictions "may be realized," it means we're still waiting to find out whether they will be realized (meaning we might not have gotten to the point of using them yet). That level of uncertainty means we can't back up an answer as strong as answer choice C, which says the new treatment are in use.

I hope this helps!
 bhaanvi@gmail.com
|
Why is B not correct?
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
bhaanvi,

Research into the genetic code of cells, something the first paragraph says had been happening for thirty years, culminated in rDNA technology. So the research's result was rDNA technology - answer choice (B) is claiming that rDNA technology was the initial discovery, when, in fact, it's the last discovery (after decades of research). So answer choice (B) has the time order of the events flipped.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.