LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 oops27
|
I'm having trouble seeing why answer choice E is wrong and B is correct. Answer choice B: "Documents that were perceived as highly influential in premodern societies were not necessarily accessible to the society's majority." This is clearly supported by lines 38-42.

However, AC E: "Political documents in premodern societies were inaccessible to the majority of the population because of the language in which they were written." This seems to be supported by "the resistance of the medieval Church to vernacular translations of the Bible..." (51-53) and "When fundamental documents are accessible for study only to an elite, the rest of society is subject to the elite's interpretation of the rules of behavior, including right political behavior."

Is B correct because it fits in better with the overarching main point of the passage, or is there a flaw with E that I'm missing? Thanks powerscore admin!
 nicholaspavic
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi oops,
Love the name by the way! This is a good question. With respect to Answer Option (E), note that last clause "because of the language in which they were written." In Ancient Greece, there was no such language barrier described in the passage which eliminates it from our consideration as a possible answer. Of course, the bible and the vernacular translation did have that issue, but ancient Greece did not.

You are correct that answer (B) captures the overarching idea for the passage and this is why it's correct. Well done on that!

Thanks for the great question and I hope this helps. :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.