LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 mariahenain
|
Hello, could you please give an analysis of the correct and incorrect answer choices for this question? I really struggled with this passage in general, but particularly with this question. I chose D instead of B.
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Maria!

This must-be-true question focuses on "Brown's explanation of the use of the eyewitness style in Venetian narrative painting."

The first thing to do is to figure out the specific reference in the passage that the question is about. It looks like this question is referencing back to the passage beginning at line 20: "Indeed, Brown argues that the distinctive style of the Venetian paintings--what she calls the 'eyewitness style'..."

Locating the specific line reference helps in concluding that (D) can't be the right answer. (D) is referencing paintings in the Venetian magistrate's palace, which occurs around lines 44 to 45. Since this is a must-be-true question focusing on "Brown's explanation," the answer has to be limited to the part of the passage focused on that.

(B) does this. It's stated in broad terms: "certain characteristics of a style of painting can reflect a style of historical writing that was common during the same period." While these terms are broad, the information helps you supply the information: "certain characteristics of a style of painting [i.e., the "eyewitness style"] can reflect a style of historical writing that was common during the same period [i.e., a "strongly parochial" type of historical writing]." We know from the passage around lines 20 to 24 that Brown's explanation suggests the eyewitness style reflects ("was influenced by") the Venetian, strongly parochial historical writing.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.