LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

rachue
|
Hi there,

I'm having trouble understanding why B is correct here over C. I hesitated between both of them while testing. B seemed correct but C seemed "more" correct, if that makes sense, bc it provided more accurate detail. The only thing I can see that might possibly be wrong with C is that it says that the second paragraph "presents", when it had already been briefly talked about in a sentence in the first paragraph (hat might just be overanalyzing it now trying to figure out why it was wrong but other than that, I can't find any other clue).

To me, C seemed correct in that it presents the pros and cons of the two options and does enhance the author's discussion, and therefore seemed like a better answer than B.

Can someone help me out here? Thanks in advance.
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The problem is that incorrect answer choice C says that the second paragraph presents the pros and cons of a claim--that paragraph presents the pros and cons of the two different pumps that are being redesigned and does enhance the discussion, but it does not assess any particular claim.
 rachue
|
But couldn't it be argued that the "claim" being made was that two new kinds of pumps were being redesigned (line 12)? Or is that too much of a stretch?
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The author tells us that researchers are designing two new kinds of pumps. This really looks like a statement of fact. If we take it as a claim, however, the next paragraph does not weigh the pros and cons of the claim that two pumps are being designed--rather, this is where the author discusses the pumps themselves.
 rachue
|
Yea, you're right. I guess I was trying to stretch that way too much. Thanks for the help!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.