LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 rachelgstevens
|
For question 3, I understand why B is the correct answer, but I'm having trouble understanding why answer choice E is incorrect. The inclusion of "political ideals" confused me. Is it because political ideals could be included in the "social and technological conditions" referred to in line 59 ?
 Brook Miscoski
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Rachel,

I do think that the final lines of the passage help you to choose B and eliminate E. Since Wagner was comfortable with his attachment to the Baroque, it follows that Wagner is comfortable with artists being influenced by past periods. That allows you to select (B), which is contrary to that observation, and eliminate (E), which is consistent with that observation. Line 59 must be read in that full context.

Alternatively, line 59 indicates we can't go back to classical conditions, not that we can't be influenced by classical ideas. Furthermore, if you look in lines 21-27, you will see that Wagner thought that architecture should reflect modern developments. There is not a complete discontinuity between the past and the present, so Wagner would not argue that it is impossible for architecture grounded in present to reflect some past values.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.