LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Passage Discussion

VIEWSTAMP Analysis:

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 ashpine17
|
I really don't understand why the second paragraph was included and of course they ask a question about it. how do i go about determining what the paragraph is for if i really don't know after reading the entire passage? this is a recurring issue for me
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Let's look at the overall structure of this passage, Ash.

The passage begins by introducing the way language evolves, and how that applies to the poststructuralism/deconstruction theory of literary criticism. The passage continues in the second paragraph by describing the early terms that the deconstruction changed to better explain the process of literary criticism undertaken by that school of thought. In the third paragraph, the passage describes the evolution of deconstructionism and describes how we can understand the process by understanding the original meaning of the word deconstruction.

The second paragraph plays a critical role in establishing the beginning of the deconstructionism movement and providing an example of how we can understand the neologisms adopted by it.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.