LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 bhamblin
|
Hello,

I was stuck between C and E. I was shocked it was B. Can anyone provide some insight please?
I thought "Unfortunately, unlike Pentikainen's study, Abraham's study contains little repertoire analysis." showed how the author did not agree with Abraham's lack of repertoire analysis.
I remember seeing how earlier in the paragraph the author suggests biographical approaches are better than repertoire slightly. "Though interested in the problems of repertoire analysis, Pentikainen gives considerable attention to the details of Tokalo's life and cultural background, so that a full picture of a woman and her folklore emerges." Is it because the author uses the word "Though" that we are to infer this author prefers biographical approaches over repertoire analyses? And by not taking a repertoire approach the author admires Pentikainen?
Sorry if this was confusing & all over the place!

Thank you in advance :)
 Poonam Agrawal
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi bhamblin,

The support for answer choice (B) comes from the author stating that Roger Abraham's book is "another notable work" and it "presents a very clear picture." The author does mention the one drawback being that it does not contain much repertoire analysis.

To understand why answer choice (B) is correct, you have to know the secondary definition of the word, "qualified." Qualified, in this context, means not complete or limited. This is tricky, because most people just think of the primary definition of qualified, which is the idea of something being certified or officially recognized.

So, when answer choice (B) says qualified admiration, it is saying appreciation but with a limitation. This is consistent with the information in the passage about Roger Abraham's book. Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.