LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (A).

Answer choice (A): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 reop6780
|
The correct answer for Q10 is answer A while I chose answer C.

As I returned line 18, I understand why choice A is correct since answer A gives opposite reply of the criticism line 18 provides.

I chose answer C based upon "two important contributions" in line 23, which are advanced with the following paragraphs starting with "First" and "A second."

I still think answer C can be a appropriate reply for the criticism suggested in line 18.

Was I supposed to find the answer with SR problem within the same paragraph?

Also, is answer C wrong since it only includes one of the "two important contributions" ? -it describes the "First" contribution introduced in the next paragraph.
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey reop,

Thanks for the question! Let's first clarify what the objections are that the critics raise in line 18: the critics feel that the patronizing tone of many Court opinions and the rejection of Native American values as important considerations when reviewing a case indicate that some Court decisions have not been entirely beneficial to Native Americans.

So what type of court decision might best address those critics and their claims? A decision that was respectful in both tone and in acknowledging the values Native Americans consider important.

And that is precisely what answer choice (A) gives us! Answer choice (C) on the other hand does nothing to address the specific criticisms raised (patronizing tone and overlooked values), so it would not be the clearest possible answer on behalf of the Court.

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit! Let me know if not!
 marilati
|
The system says this is a must be true, but I'm having a hard time finding a spot in the passage that references SCOTUS has "demonstrated respect for Native Americans and the principles and qualities they consider important." The way the answer was explained above sounds more like a strengthen question. Can you please clarify? Thank you!!
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Marilati,

We aren't looking specifically for something the stimulus says here, but we are trying to respond to what the stimulus says here. The language "It can be inferred that....." helps us recognize that it's a must be true question. So it's a must be true, because it's provable based on the facts in the stimulus, but it's a bit different than what we typically are looking for in a must be true question.

We want to start by looking at the lines given, and we see that the criticism is a disrespect for indigenous values. To respond to that concern, we'd look for an answer choice that talks about respecting Native American values and culture.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.