LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 chiickenx
|
Hi, for this one, during my BR I just had a hard time explaining why its wrong. (B) just does such a much better job that its easy to see why its right and that was technically my reason for eliminating everything. But (C) is just kind of weird. I feel like it doesn't do anything, but at the same time i feel like its implying that the study itself is not representative of the great titmouse. In that sense, isn't the study hurt since it leaves open the question of whether some juveniles have a higher status than adults?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
An interesting question, chiickenx! Does the lack of live juveniles in the study group do much to undermine the validity of the experiment? Perhaps - maybe juveniles would have reacted differently than the adults did. Or, perhaps they would have reacted in the same way to the dummies.

But still, the study did reveal different behaviors from the live birds correlated with narrow vs. wide breast stripes. Those results are still useful and interesting, even if the study may have been incomplete. So saying "hey, you could have also looked at juveniles" doesn't do much to undermine the overall value of the experiment.

Most important, though, is what you already determined - answer B is just WAY better! We are supposed to select that answer that "most seriously undermines(s)" the results, not just one that might do some damage. Answer C might be okay if there was nothing better offered, but we don't have to worry about that analysis if we stick to those clear instructions in the stem and we recognize how great the correct answer is.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.