LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (C).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 al_godnessmary
|
I've made the same mistake at least twice now with this question: when it comes down to A and C,I choose A because I think that C has language that seems too strong and extreme: "convincingly blames"

I think he certainly does a fantastic job as described by the author of examining the issue, but I felt that there was no real element of "blame" involved. I was hoping to read a little bit more about the difference between A and C given the language and phrasing, but since no one's posted anything, I guess...I'm asking why C is more preferable to A despite the fact that it seems to present a stronger main gist than I would have assigned to it?

Thanks!
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
al_godnessmary wrote:I've made the same mistake at least twice now with this question: when it comes down to A and C,I choose A because I think that C has language that seems too strong and extreme: "convincingly blames"

I think he certainly does a fantastic job as described by the author of examining the issue, but I felt that there was no real element of "blame" involved. I was hoping to read a little bit more about the difference between A and C given the language and phrasing, but since no one's posted anything, I guess...I'm asking why C is more preferable to A despite the fact that it seems to present a stronger main gist than I would have assigned to it?

Thanks!

Hello al_godenssmary,

Tollefsen does not seem too happy with many of the immigration practices of the government or other entities, as we can see from language like "counterproductive and demoralizing". So C is an appropriate answer. A is not very strong, just saying that Tollefsen's study is different. This only goes a little bit of the way, and misses Tollefsen's strong dislike of traditional immigrant-processing practices.

Hope this helps,
David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.