LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=6649)

The correct answer choice is (E)

If T’s website target is shorter than its voicemail target, then its website target must be 2 days and its voicemail target must be 3 days:

PT68_Game_#3_#12_diagram 1.png
From the third rule, then, S’s website target must be shorter than T’s website target, meaning that S’s website target is 1 day:

PT68_Game_#3_#12_diagram 2.png
Accordingly, answer choice (E) must be true and is correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 Lsat_student2019
|
Hi,

Could you fill out the entire set up given that rule? Whenever I try to I also get that I's website target is 1 day. Because T's website target is 2 and voicemail target 3, that makes S website target one. But then the first rule says that the website target has to be less than or equal to the voice mail target, making S's voicemail target also one. From the second rule, doesn't I's voicemail target have to be 1? But does that not also violate the rule that I's voicemail target is shorter than the others. Could someone explain what I am doing wrong or missing? Thank you!!
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Lsat_student2019,

The error in your description of the question comes in your reading of the first rule: "None of the clients can have a website target that is longer than its voicemail target." That means the website target must be shorter than OR equal to the voicemail target (either of those options is possible). That also means (by extension) the voicemail target can be longer than the website target. So we cannot assume that when the S website target is 1 day, the S voicemail target also must be 1 day. In fact, if the S website target is 1 day, the S voicemail target could be 1, 2 or 3 days, because in any of those circumstances, the website target would not be longer than the voicemail target, thus satisfying the first rule.

I hope this helps!

Jeremy
 christinecwt
|
Hi Team - may I know why answer Choice C is incorrect? Many thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Because it does not have to be true, Christine. It's possible that I's website target and voicemail targets are each 2 days while S has a voicemail target of 3 days. Set that up and you'll see that it does not break any of the rules.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.