LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 PresidentLSAT
|
I'm gonna give this one a go because POE is what got me to the answer but upon review, I see it.

CLS draws on sociology, history, and anthropology as stated in the passage while L & L draws from the art world.

a. The passage tells us elites hold their power but they don't tell us "how?" Do they fund campaigns? We don't know.

b. Natural law was mentioned in P1 and I did not see it again. Eliminate.

c. I've done enough RC passages not to be fooled by extreme wording and Line 25 contradicts that.

d. I left it at first glance because I couldn't support nor discredit it.

e. Opinion writing is only discussed by White.

Upon reviewing I realized D is supported.
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi PresidentLSAT!

Process of elimination can be an effective way to determine the best answer in an LSAT question! With this question, though, we do have some direct support for answer choice (D) in the passage. The beginning of the second paragraph introduces us to the "increasing influence there of academic disciplines and intellectual traditions previously unconnected with the study of law." The paragraph then goes on to give examples: 1) Law and Economics school, 2) Critical Legal Studies movement, and 3) Law and Literature movement. As all three of these are examples of disciplines unconnected with the study of law that are attempting to answer "What is law?", that is something that all of them have in common. Thus, there is direct textual support for answer choice (D), which states: "Both rely on disciplines not traditionally connected with the study of law."

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey
 PresidentLSAT
|
Thank you! I see it now

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.