LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
While context needs to be taken into account, mikewazowski, I think it's a safe bet that any time an author writes about "modern times" they are referring to the era in which the passage was written. The reference in the first paragraph to "modern
scholarly editions" would mean scholarly works written fairly recently, at least relative to the time period in which the music being written about was composed.
 crispycrispr
|
Hi, I don't understand why (E) is right. The passage only says that "musicologists" had trouble with accessing the school, but musicologists aren't musicians ..? Or am I supposed to assume that musicians include musicologists?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Crispy,

It's both that the musicologists couldn't access it, and, according to the first paragraph, one of the reasons it was inaccessible was that the scores were inaccessible. If the scores aren't accessible, the musicians can't really play it. There weren't recordings at the time the music was being played, so without the scores or scholarly research, there wouldn't be a way for musicians to access it.

Hope that helps!
 crispycrispr
|
Ahh, I see. Yes, it does! Thanks so much!
 ashpine17
|
Where does it say the scores themselves are inaccessible? I despise the way E is worded. I didn't pick it because it says "even musicians" but the first paragraph to me was only talking about musicologists. Should I infer from the passage that the author is a musicologist as well? And who is the author referring to when he or she speaks of "our consciousness?"
 ashpine17
|
It's been a month. Could someone respond to my questions?

I also want to know why C is incorrect; all the passage stated was that there were some "familiar" works left (John Field and Muzio Clementi) so how am I supposed to infer that those are "original" works?

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.