LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 clara
|
I'm currently signed up for an LSAT course in the hopes that it would help me increase my LSAT score. So far, my PT scores are not getting better even though I feel like I'm getting a much better grasp on the test. I am signed up for the Oct. test, but I feel like at the rate I'm improving (0), I will not be ready. I need a 166 to get into my top school and right now I'm nowhere near that. I got a 145 on my first test and then a 141 on my second. I've always found that if I worked hard enough I could improve and ultimately do whatever I wanted. Seeing zero improvement is really discouraging. Any suggestions or advice... :(
 Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Some students' test scores increase gradually over time; others take awhile to jump up. Your situation is not at all unusual, and should not be a cause for concern. It is entirely possible that your accuracy rate is generally higher than before, but that your pacing is still a little off (which lowers your overall score). This will improve with more practice. The important thing is to develop a better conceptual grasp of the material through homework exercises, drills, and practice tests. You cannot predict your score in October this far in advance.

It is difficult for me to give you more specific advice, since I don't have your practice test scores in front of me. But you should discuss this with your instructors and ask for his/her recommendation. She/he has access to all your test scores to date, and can make a more specific recommendation regarding the specific sections or question types you need to focus on.

Most importantly, remember not to get discouraged: positive attitude is critical to mastering this test. Many have done it in the past, and there is no reason to doubt your ability to do the same.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.