LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

bricbas
|
Ok. I am really wracking my head over this one. Its a resolve the paradox question and I just can't see how any of the answer choices do just that. A doesn't work because it's not talking about wild animals. C doesn't work because its only talking about rabies. E doesn't work because its talking about this city not neighboring cities.

So I narrowed it down to B and D but B seemed to only effect one side of the paradox. D, while not looking super attractive made me think maybe because they are appearing more during the day people are less likely to confirm sightings of them (expecting to see them at night) I realize now that the answer explicitly states they have been SEEN during the day so I now realize that that question is wrong. So help me out. How does B succeed in addressing both sides of the paradox other than the rise in percentage?
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
bricbas wrote:Ok. I am really wracking my head over this one. Its a resolve the paradox question and I just can't see how any of the answer choices do just that. A doesn't work because it's not talking about wild animals. C doesn't work because its only talking about rabies. E doesn't work because its talking about this city not neighboring cities.

So I narrowed it down to B and D but B seemed to only effect one side of the paradox. D, while not looking super attractive made me think maybe because they are appearing more during the day people are less likely to confirm sightings of them (expecting to see them at night) I realize now that the answer explicitly states they have been SEEN during the day so I now realize that that question is wrong. So help me out. How does B succeed in addressing both sides of the paradox other than the rise in percentage?
Hello bricbas,

If a lot of the raccoons have died, then it is understandable how fewer raccoons are actually sick, but the percentage has gone up--because fewer are alive to be sick.

Hope this helps,
David
 bricbas
|
Ah yes... Succumbed=Death...

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.