LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 rachue
|
Hi there,

LG right now is my worst section, and I was thinking the best way for me to prep for it is probably to do the hardest ones (the "Killer Games") as much as possible. The thing is, I've already done the ones in Lesson 10, and even if I try to erase everything, there are still remaining marks which skews how I perform (basically I can still see trace of my work before and it really throws me off). I looked on lesson 10 online here, and couldn't find the sheets. Is there anywhere online with extra copies of the Killer Games?

Thanks in advance.
 rachue
|
Also, since I'm having trouble with LG, do you recommend that I buy the LG Bible? I'm already in the Virtual Course, but I only have a month left before the test.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Rachel,

Let me try to answer your different questions.

1. There aren't reprints of the materials online. Because you received those in the course books, they aren't duplicated online, and for various reasons they can't be placed online.

2. I'd actually disagree that doing the hardest games repeatedly is the best way to study LG. While looking at Killer games is definitely useful, using them as the measuring stick/primary tool for improving isn't the best approach because in many instances those games are hard because of something unusual in the game. Plus, you are more likely to see games of average difficulty than to see a killer game, so you are spending the majority of your time on what are by definition outliers. I'd spend the time looking at the main games lessons like Lessons 3-7 instead.

3. You already have all the information in the LGB in your course books. The difference is that the LGB presents the material in a different way, and also is a resource that is just about LG (as opposed to the course books which contain info on all three section types. So, if having it in one place is something you think would help, then maybe the LGB is the way to go, but otherwise not. Maybe something like the Advanced Logic Games Course would help, because in that course I take a different look at games, and approach them in a different fashion than in the course. Plus, the games covered there are hard, but I use them to teach valuable (hopefully!) lessons about what to look for when solving games.

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!
 rachue
|
Hi Dave,

Funny you mention about the Advance LG course bc I'm watching your video now on the Dinosaur set up. How do you sign up for that? Is it a live online class or just recordings?
 rachue
|
Ah, nevermind, I found the link online! Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna check it out.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.