to the top

#5- Ticks attach themselves to host animals to feed. Having

srcline@noctrl.edu
LSAT Master

Hello,

Okay so this is a MBT question b/c it says Which one of the following conclusions can be properly drawn from the statements above. So we are taking that stimulus as true correct?

So I was in b/c answer choice B and C. Can someone please explain why C is the correct choice. I'm having a hard time seeing the inference here.

I chose B, b/c in the stimulus it states that deer ticks will drop off from their hosts b/w noon and sunset regardless of time of attachment.

B says deer tickets sometimes drop off their hosts w/o having fed at all.

Thankyou
Sarah
Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Sarah,

This is indeed a MBT question, where we take the stimulus as true. This should be apparent by now. :-D

The answer your chose is actually false. The second sentence clearly states that ticks drop off their hosts having fed to capacity, and not before then.

(C) is a clear inference from the last two sentences: the ticks drop off between noon and sunset (daytime), when the mice are in their nests. So, the ticks must be dropping off their hosts in their hosts' nests.

Thanks.
Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Test Preparation
srcline@noctrl.edu
LSAT Master

Hello, Nikki

Okay Im getting better at understanding MBT questions. B would fail the fact test .

Thankyou
Sarah