LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 driedgera
|
Hey guys,

I am in the live online class (section IV I believe). I am having trouble diagramming conditional reasoning relationships expeditiously. Along with being overly time consuming, I even seem to have less success on questions where I do the conditional diagramming in the first place. Any advice?
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey driedgera,

Thanks for the question, and welcome to the Forum! The best advice I can give for conditional reasoning (from diagramming to simply recognizing its presence), is practice! The more time you spend with it, the faster you get and the easier it becomes.

So go back to Lesson 2 and rework the lesson content, and then go the HW and work through all of the questions, making sure your diagrams are correct and that you are forcing yourself to move more and more quickly as you progress.

You also mention that you feel the diagramming is actually doing you some harm as you attempt the questions...is that due to mis-diagramming, or simply that it's taking too much time (or something else)? If you can clarify why it is the diagrams seem to be hurting you I can hopefully give you some pointers to help remedy it.

Thanks!

Jon

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.