LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
On July 2nd, Jon Denning and I will be hosting a live Crystal Ball Webinar at 8 PM Eastern. We will discuss the July LSAT Digital/Paper formats, provide invaluable test taking tips for the Digital LSAT, examine what to expect in terms of content in the LG, LR, and RC sections of this test, and we will close by making predictions as to which prior LSAT they will reuse for this all-important transitional test. You don't want to miss it!

You can view the entire seminar for free here: Crystal Ball: The July 2019 LSAT Previewed with Dave Killoran and Jon Denning

We hope to see you there!
 lsatnoobie
|
Hi Dave! How do you know that they plan on reusing an exam for this important transitional exam as opposed to administering a new one?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
lsatnoobie wrote:Hi Dave! How do you know that they plan on reusing an exam for this important transitional exam as opposed to administering a new one?
Well, nobody really knows for sure what they will do :-D , but I made a compelling case last year that this would be a reuse, and I'll outline/expand that case during the July 2nd webinar as well. And suggest possible tests they might choose too!
 LSATLUVR
|
Hi! I have accommodations for the LSAT and am taking it on Tuesday July 16. My letter said I could get a digital or a paper exam, since the accommodations are not format related. Do you have any sense of whether or not we will be getting the same exam as everyone got on the 15th? Is it still worth going to the crystal ball seminar on Tuesday?
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi LSATLUVR - thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forum!

Always impossible to know with 100% certainty whether LSAC will offer the same test at a later date to accommodated test takers, but I'd say it's very, very likely to be the same. Part of what makes me confident is the fact that you're being told your test may be digital, and I can't imagine they're going to administer multiple exams digitally in this first-ever run. That is, I'm reasonably certain there's a single tablet exam they intend to use, and thus everyone testing digitally in July—Monday or later—will get that test...as will everyone testing with paper on the official day, and, again in all likelihood, everyone on paper even later that week.

So as much as it's been policy for a few years now to use the same test for later accommodated students, the rollout of July, in my opinion, seems like a time when that'd be all but guaranteed.

Hope you can join us tomorrow night!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
You can now view the entire seminar for free here: Crystal Ball: The July 2019 LSAT Previewed with Dave Killoran and Jon Denning

Enjoy!
 smaani
|
Hello,

The link to this crystal ball webinar doesn't seem to work. Is there a different link?

I'm using the full set of LSAT Bibles, Training Type Collections and Workbooks from 2019. I bought these to study for the pen/paper test format when those were available. Now I am taking the October LSAT and need to apply the study materials in these books to the digital format. I'm sure PowerScore has translated these tips. I'm just not sure the best way to obtain all that information. I'd be really grateful if you could point me that way. I'm most curious about how to notate RC passages on the digital LSAT given what I've learned from PowerScore before.

Thanks,
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi smaani,

Thanks for the post! That particular Crystal Ball webinar was from last July, so it's likely it was pulled to avoid confusion with this July. :D

Dave and Jon do have some more recent Crystal Ball podcasts you can find here: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/. Also, they have many podcasts that discuss the digital test, so I would start by reviewing those via this link :D.

Specifically, Dave and Jon discussed digital RC diagramming in podcast Episode 41, beginning around minute 41, and in a webinar recently too: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/readin ... tic-tests/.

You can also find a wealth of helpful information about the digital LSAT (and more!) on our free help area here: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.