to the top

June 3rd, 2019 LSAT Information and Discussion

Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Seeing this post makes me feel so much better and thank you so much for creating this.

according to the information, I had

1. LR Q.25 -- Experimental ,
2. LR 2. - Q.26.
3.RC. ---.Q.27.
4. LG. --- Q23.
5. LR.3--Q.26

I messed up sestion 1, only section i guessed some questions.
So when I saw LR.2 was Q.26, i felt somewhat screwed for the reason will be address later.
Then I saw section 5, Q.26, i was so sure i messed up real LR section. cuz usually LSAT total Qs are 100, or slightly less occasions, total is 101 Questions. but few times, total Questions are 102 Questions. so when i knew Section 5 was Q.26, for couple seconds, I felt despaired but i thought to myself "Never Know" let's try my best just in case.

If i didn't see this, i would have been despaired until the actual score came.

To me, LG was relatively easy. RC was hard, especially the 1 and 3rd, RC, for me.

Hi lathlee - that's amazing news, well done! Rooting hard for you!
Jon Denning
PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Hi!

I had 3 LR sections - The topic for one of the questions was “council member Marr’s plan to balance the city’s budget”. I want to find out if it was the experimental section- Can anyone else recall? Thank you in advance for your help!

Hey lsatdaily - I haven't seen anyone mention that question yet, but that's not altogether surprising considering there were 52 scored LR (and another 25-26 with an exp LR). Hopefully another member can help you out though, and certainly if I find out more I'll update this reply to let you know!

Hope it went great today!
Jon Denning

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
mollyok
LSAT Novice

I had LR, RC, LR, LG, LR. Realllyyy hoping my first LR was experimental....the first question was about taxes on motor fuel. Can anyone confirm?

I thought games was scary easy (was bracing myself for games 3/4 after finishing 1/2 in 15 mins). For RC, I thought the fish farming and witnesses passages were definitely the hardest/densest. Movies and blues musicians passages were okay though.
Last edited by mollyok on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Lathlee,

I am beyond stoked to hear things went well, and that you fought off the early "bad experimental" issue—well done!!
Dave Killoran

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
PowerScore PodCast: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/
lsatdaily
LSAT Apprentice

mollyok wrote:I had LR, RC, LR, LG, LR. Realllyyy hoping my first LR was experimental....the first question was about taxes on motor fuel. Can anyone confirm?

I thought games was scary easy (was bracing myself for games 3/4 after finishing 1/2 in 15 mins). For RC, I thought the fish farming and witnesses passages were definitely the hardest/densest. Movies and blues musicians passages were okay though.

I had the same order and really wish that 1st section was the experimental ..4th question was about the Council member Marr :( if anyone can add any comments, it’ll be awesome thank you!
lsatdaily
LSAT Apprentice

Jon Denning wrote:
Hi!

I had 3 LR sections - The topic for one of the questions was “council member Marr’s plan to balance the city’s budget”. I want to find out if it was the experimental section- Can anyone else recall? Thank you in advance for your help!

Hey lsatdaily - I haven't seen anyone mention that question yet, but that's not altogether surprising considering there were 52 scored LR (and another 25-26 with an exp LR). Hopefully another member can help you out though, and certainly if I find out more I'll update this reply to let you know!

Hope it went great today!

Thank you so much!! I had the order of LR RC LR LG LR - i thought the first section was very difficult, not sure it was just me & my lsat mode - finger crossed that it was experimental :/
lathlee
LSAT Destroyer

Dave Killoran wrote:Lathlee,

I am beyond stoked to hear things went well, and that you fought off the early "bad experimental" issue—well done!!

Dave, Thank you always for kind and encouraging words.
lathlee
LSAT Destroyer

mollyok wrote:I had LR, RC, LR, LG, LR. Realllyyy hoping my first LR was experimental....the first question was about taxes on motor fuel. Can anyone confirm?

I wrote very similar format as you did, mollyok, and had same afterthought feeling when I finished. Like you did, i had my scored RC section earlier (which as I was finishing the last passage, RC this time around, hard overall). So as i was doing LG, i thought this is why LG is easy for me cuz i had to go through tough RC, especially two of RC had two hard passages and questions; in my opinion, those two passages didn't have few questions, i think. (my definition of few questions might differ from others; Also, my memory can be wrong)
Last edited by lathlee on Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharkbait_416
LSAT Novice

LR RC LR LG LR

RC is usually my strongest section. I felt I was doing well but I ran out of time. With one question left to go on the third section, 5 minutes was called. I rushed through and raced to make halfway decent guesses on the Wolof/Griots passage. I am assuming I got most of the questions wrong but at least I was able to bubble on the answer sheet, so maybe I'll get lucky with a guess or two. I didn't feel that RC was particularly difficult, just time-consuming.

My weakest section was definitely LG. I just couldn't seem to make any of the inferences necessary to answer most of the questions. I felt really stupid because I could tell that three of the four games were very simple and I just couldn't figure any of it out. I think I ended up guessing on more than half of the questions in the section. On the Oil/Watercolor problem, I just bubbled four consecutive answers in a row because I couldn't come up with any inferences.

I think I lost my rhythm after I ran out of time on RC. I began to feel bad about my performance and lost confidence going into the rest of the sections. I came out of the test feeling disappointed. I hope I did better than my previous score of 153. I'm really hoping I got at least a 160. I have no idea what to think at this point. Having guessed on ~20 questions, I just hope I got lucky with a few guesses and did extremely well on the ones that I answered with confidence. It's nice to hear that there may be a decent curve and I've seen on other forums that many people also ran out of time on this test's RC section.
Taraleanne
LSAT Novice

Hi,

I am curious if anyone might know which LG was experimental from the test RC-LR-LG-LR-LG. Was it the first or last one? Thanks in advance!