LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 literallyrachel
|
Hello! I am planning on retaking the LSAT for the second time later this year (either September or October depending on when it will be offered in Buenos Aires, Argentina). I searched the forum for "digital test international" and nothing came up but I apologize if this has already been asked. From what I understand, only North America will be making the move to completely digital this year? But what about international tests? Does anyone know if they will be digital this year or still paper for the foreseeable future? I really need to know because that will definitely effect how I prepare for the exam (I am seriously scared of the digital test--when I was in college I WROTE OUT PAPERS AND THEN TYPED THEM, TALK ABOUT TIME CONSUMING lol).

If no one knows, when I go to register with LSAC do you think it will say whether it's paper or digital? I can't register yet because it's still too early.

Anyways, thanks for reading and even more thanks if you can answer my question!
 Brook Miscoski
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
rachel,

It appears that the LSAC has not announced the timeline for delivering the LSAT in digital format outside of North America.

Presumably, the LSAC will use the split (half of the North American test takers will take the digital test) to determine how the electronic format changes scoring, and adjust accordingly so that an electronic test will produce the same score.

The electronic test will not be computer adaptive--it will be the same LSAT, just using a tablet instead of paper. The only real difference will be in how you outline a passage or an argument--you will still be able to do it in the electronic version, but won't have as much individual control. Here is a longer write-up: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/heres- ... ital-lsat/

I encourage you to begin preparing by focusing on technique you will need to solve the questions regardless of format. Don't worry about format for now. As you get closer to your test date, it's reasonable to believe there will be higher availability of prep material for electronic versions if you will need to take the electronic version. You won't need to re-learn everything, you'll just need to do a little practice to familiarize yourself with the format.

Even if I knew I was going to do an electronic test, I would start with paper format first. I've instructed for a variety of computer based tests, and students have great success learning the basics on paper first.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.