LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 T.B.Justin
|
Hey PS,

This has been quite the journey thus far! I committed to myself, and I have chosen PS as the medium to invest in in contributing to my intellectual growth. I have enjoyed getting to know a couple of you in particular, and the banter, and thought producing engagement with the rest of you, and have always given 100% effort into any interaction I have had with each of you, be it; the forums, tutoring, e-mails, and phone calls. I believe you are the best of the best, and you each have something that you have particular expertise in.

I am asking PS to help me with one final push towards the June test. This will be my final undertaking with the LSAT. I will start studying again on April 8th. I will use this week to replenish, refresh, reset, and re-assess.

I have PTs 82-85 that I want to study with prior to this June test.

Questions:

How do I yield the most value out of this study period, and material?

What do you gather from this data?

What questions do you have for me?

This is my study plan:
• PT on 8th, 22nd, 6th, 20th, *3rd

After each test I plan to do an in-depth blind review.

Here is all the data I have on my prior performances:
Side Note: (2/26/19) is the correct date for the test following 2/20/19, and my best performance is 156, since the 160 I had taken previously which I didn’t realize at the time.

https://imgur.com/IzqYjIE
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi T.B. Justin,

First, congratulations on how far you've come since your first PT. It's clear that you've put in a ton of work. So way to go!

I like your timing for PTs. I think they are well spread out, and I'm glad to see you using the recent tests. For best results (as in, most likely to be accurate for your test day performance), try to take the PTs in as similar a situation as your test day. For the June test, you have all morning to yourself. It's why I was a June test taker myself--I hated the idea of trying to get up and be functional that early in the morning for some of the other administrations. In any case, try to spend your morning in similar ways to how you will on test day. Eat/work out/read/work. Whatever you plan on doing the day of the test, start doing the morning of your PTs. The more you can train your brain to be ready for the test, the better.

Your data were helpful, but it was hard from just the numbers to tell what your performance was like within a given section. At this point, that's what really matters. How do you manage time in a section? Why are you missing the questions you are missing? Could you use your time more effectively in a section? Would doing 3 passages/games and guessing on the last improve your score? Are you diagramming too much on a passage? Too little? How are your games? What inferences are you missing? Are you making incorrect assumptions? Would jumping around more in logic reasoning help? Play around a bit with your big picture strategy to see what is most effective for you individually.

Make sure your study plan is flexible enough to accommodate changes as your test weaknesses/strengths change. They will change from test to test, and you should adjust your study in between tests accordingly.

Hope that helps!
Rachael
 T.B.Justin
|
Hey Rachael,

Thanks for responding. I am letting my energy build on where I am with all this. At the moment, the only concrete idea I have is that time management is a psychological tool used to distract test takers. It been counter-productive for me when I have tried resisting time.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.