LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Mevanz
|
Hello,

I took the LSAT yesterday and forgot to erase some circles around the numbers on my Scan-tron sheet. These circles did not overlap the bubbled in portion on the Scan-tron, just the numbers. So, I've done a bit of research into this today and from what I've gathered, the system only checks the bubbled in portion of the sheet and picks which area is the darkest. Can anyone confirm this? Btw I know it's not a smart thing to do and I should of remembered to erase :\
 Mevanz
|
Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better. Have a nice day 8-)
 xx2211
|
Hi, this reminds me of something worrisome--the eraser i was using yesterday was a new one and it worked unexpectedly badly. I did change my mind for several questions and i dont think it erased my old answers completely enough. So does anyone know if the scan machine score you based on the DARKEST bubble or on the ONLY filled bubble (ie. if it detects two bubbles that are at least kind of grey it refuses to honor any of them)??

Many thx!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
xx2211 wrote:Hi, this reminds me of something worrisome--the eraser i was using yesterday was a new one and it worked unexpectedly badly. I did change my mind for several questions and i dont think it erased my old answers completely enough. So does anyone know if the scan machine score you based on the DARKEST bubble or on the ONLY filled bubble (ie. if it detects two bubbles that are at least kind of grey it refuses to honor any of them)??

Many thx!
It typically reads the darkest one, but if the other marks were dark enough, it will read it as two responses. If you score comes back and seems off, the only way to fix it is hand scoring :/

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.