to the top

March 2019 LSAT - Sunday International Test Discussion

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff
 
Posts: 6662
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm
Points: 3,335

It appears the March 31st, 2019 International LSAT is a reuse of the September, 24th 2016 International LSAT (Europe). More info here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27514


The LSAT being administered on Sunday, March 31st, in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia is different from the US/Canada test, so we have created this thread to minimize confusion as everyone gets together to talk about their test content.

When you post, please indicate when and where you took the LSAT, and then follow the posting guidelines (and other considerations) provided below!

This information can then help you better predict your own scoring outcomes, and determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although these days you rarely should cancel since only your highest score matters). For more assistance on making that decision, please visit: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

Per LSAC policies, you are allowed to discuss LSAT question topics and difficulty in general. For example, this means you can identify a game by name and discuss whether you thought it was difficult. You cannot talk about specific answer choices, however. So, "The Water Tubes game was difficult for me" is fine; "the answer to the first three questions was A in that game" is not acceptable.

Note: The list below will be updated in real time as we learn more about the exam, and thus is neither official nor complete while the discussion is ongoing. If you are considering cancelling based on the details provided here, give this thread a day or two so that we can make sure all of the information is accurate.



North American LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?t=27511

Saturday International LSAT Information

viewtopic.php?t=27513

Sabbath-Observer LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?t=27512
Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:36 pm
Points: 1,118

The content posted above is based on only a handful of preliminary reports and may require additional vetting of topics and section orders only. Thanks!

Jon
Jon Denning
PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
xx2211
LSAT Novice
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:29 am
Points: 3

Hi, I took the March 2019 sunday international test in Asia. All the September 2016 Europe test RC & LG topics you posted match with what i saw in the exam.

However, I got my experiment section in LR and when I look at the LR topics you posted, I can recall seeing all of them but no clue of in which section I saw each of them. I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR.

So could someone please help find out if anyone who took this international test remembers seeing an LR question on some kind of bees?? That's the only thing i remember from the section that i screw up and if someone who didnt have an LR experiment section saw this bee question, I will simply go cancel my score... TAT

thx A LOT!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff
 
Posts: 3135
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Points: 3,131

xx2211 wrote:Hi, I took the March 2019 sunday international test in Asia. All the September 2016 Europe test RC & LG topics you posted match with what i saw in the exam.

However, I got my experiment section in LR and when I look at the LR topics you posted, I can recall seeing all of them but no clue of in which section I saw each of them. I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR.

So could someone please help find out if anyone who took this international test remembers seeing an LR question on some kind of bees?? That's the only thing i remember from the section that i screw up and if someone who didnt have an LR experiment section saw this bee question, I will simply go cancel my score... TAT

thx A LOT!


Hi XX,

We'll see if anyone recalls that, although my concern s that the pool of test takers is so small you may not get any further insight. I'm not sure that's enough to cancel your score, however, especially given that Us law schools focus solely on the high score.

Regardless, good luck!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
PowerScore PodCast: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/
xx2211
LSAT Novice
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:29 am
Points: 3

Dave Killoran wrote:
xx2211 wrote:Hi, I took the March 2019 sunday international test in Asia. All the September 2016 Europe test RC & LG topics you posted match with what i saw in the exam.

However, I got my experiment section in LR and when I look at the LR topics you posted, I can recall seeing all of them but no clue of in which section I saw each of them. I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR.

So could someone please help find out if anyone who took this international test remembers seeing an LR question on some kind of bees?? That's the only thing i remember from the section that i screw up and if someone who didnt have an LR experiment section saw this bee question, I will simply go cancel my score... TAT

thx A LOT!


Hi XX,

We'll see if anyone recalls that, although my concern s that the pool of test takers is so small you may not get any further insight. I'm not sure that's enough to cancel your score, however, especially given that Us law schools focus solely on the high score.

Regardless, good luck!


Hi Dave,

Thanks for the note! Cuz this is my 2nd time so I am just worried that having a score lower than my 1st one would appear badly on my report.

But yes plz plz do let me know if anyone recalls this bee question.

Many thx!!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff
 
Posts: 3135
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Points: 3,131

xx2211 wrote:Hi Dave,

Thanks for the note! Cuz this is my 2nd time so I am just worried that having a score lower than my 1st one would appear badly on my report.

But yes plz plz do let me know if anyone recalls this bee question.

Many thx!!


Just fyi, for US law schools, they don't care about any score but the highest. They only report the high score to the ABA, and only the high score is used for US News rankings. So, a lower score has no impact.

At least you can rest easy there!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
PowerScore PodCast: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/