to the top

March 2019 LSAT - Sabbath Observer Test Discussion

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

The Sabbath observer LSAT appears to have been the February 2013 exam. Details here: LSAT Test Archives: The February 2008-2018 Details and here: The October 14th, 2017 Make Up LSAT

The LSAT that Sabbath-observing test takers are given is different from the regular US/Canada test, so we have created this thread to minimize confusion as everyone gets together to talk about their Sabbath test content.

When you post, please follow the posting guidelines (and other considerations) provided below!

This information can then help you better predict your own scoring outcomes, and determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although these days you rarely should cancel since only your highest score matters). For more assistance on making that decision, please visit: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

Per LSAC policies, you are allowed to discuss LSAT question topics and difficulty in general. For example, this means you can identify a game by name and discuss whether you thought it was difficult. You cannot talk about specific answer choices, however. So, "The Water Tubes game was difficult for me" is fine; "the answer to the first three questions was A in that game" is not acceptable.

Note: The list below will be updated in real time as we learn more about the exam, and thus is neither official nor complete while the discussion is ongoing. If you are considering cancelling based on the details provided here, give this thread a day or two so that we can make sure all of the information is accurate.

Scored Sections

Real Logic Games (not necessarily in order)

1. Office employees getting security clearance/badges (managers/recent hires)
      2. Romance novels/Thrillers/Book purchases
      3. Parade float order
      4. Semester courses/Academic classes

Real Reading Comprehension (not necessarily in order)

1. Formalism
      2. Jazz and Bebop
      3. Paranormal activity and science (Comparative)
      4. Polysacrylate or polyaspartate chemical proteins in laundry detergent (industrial cleaning/fertilizer/crab shells?)

Real Logical Reasoning

Spotted Bears and the fish they eat
      Kesha as speaker
      Scripts and agents submitting them
      Promises (guy mishears question but gives an answer)
      Voting referendum
      Removing party leaders
      Chlorinated water preventing some diseases (cancer)
      Library renovation
      Typhus
      Government funding of schools
      Maternity leave
      Clay soil
      Glee club
      Nuclear activist
      Decaffeinated coffee
      Airline crew
      Iron superconductors
      X and Y cities and populations in hospitals
      Methane and volcanos
      Gardening supplies
      Power lines and electromagnetic fields
      A person’s father’s liver

Experimental Sections

Experimental Logic Games

Experimental Reading Comprehension

Experimental Logical Reasoning

Uncertain

Section orders and question counts

LR RC LR LR LG
      RC LR RC LG LR
      RC LR LG LG LR
      RC LG LR LR LG

LG: 23 questions
      LR1: 25 questions
      LR2: 26 questions
      RC: 27 questions
      Total: 101 questions

North American LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?t=27511

Saturday International LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?t=27513

Sunday International LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27514
    throwawayLSAT
    LSAT Novice

I just took the first 3 sections of my LSAT today (accomodations: half today and half tomorrow). My order so far was: LR LG LR (and tomorrow I will see what the final 2 sections are.) The LG is the same as what is listed here on the Sababth Powerscore March 2019 blog.

So, my question is, regarding my two LR sections that both had 26 questions each.

Is it possible that those two are my "real" LR sections even though they were both 26 questions each?

I know I performed very well on the 1st and 2nd section so far. The second LR though (3rd section) was very difficult for me and I am sure I missed at least 10-15 questions, I was just so dazed/confused and not thinking straight :( So, now I am considering canceling and not even taking tomorrow's 2nd part of the LSAT.
    Dave Killoran
    PowerScore Staff
    PowerScore Staff

Hi Throwaway,

Thanks for the message! I'm so sorry, but we really can't talk about tests that are in progress. We wish you the best of luck however! Go knock out tomorrow sections and just focus on doing as well as possible :-D
    Dave Killoran
    PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
    My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
    PowerScore PodCast: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/
    LèSAT.
    LSAT Novice

Any predictions as to what the scale will be?
    Jon Denning
    PowerScore Staff
    PowerScore Staff

LèSAT. wrote:Any predictions as to what the scale will be?

Hi LèSAT - This scale is tricky, mainly because it was a long time ago and student reactions aren't exactly fresh in my mind haha, but in looking back through notes taken at the time it seems that test was tough but fair, and in line with other 101-question exams of the era. The games in particular—a major factor in scaling—were reportedly on the easier side, so I think that will tighten it up slightly.

Interestingly, every 101 question test from October 2011 through December 2015 had a curve between -12 and -14, so I expect this one to mirror that trend but on the lower end of it: -12 is my guess. That's pretty loose compared to tests of the last year or two, so consider it a blessing :)
    Jon Denning
    PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
    My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
    LèSAT.
    LSAT Novice

Jon Denning wrote:
    LèSAT. wrote:Any predictions as to what the scale will be?

Hi LèSAT - This scale is tricky, mainly because it was a long time ago and student reactions aren't exactly fresh in my mind haha, but in looking back through notes taken at the time it seems that test was tough but fair, and in line with other 101-question exams of the era. The games in particular—a major factor in scaling—were reportedly on the easier side, so I think that will tighten it up slightly.

Interestingly, every 101 question test from October 2011 through December 2015 had a curve between -12 and -14, so I expect this one to mirror that trend but on the lower end of it: -12 is my guess. That's pretty loose compared to tests of the last year or two, so consider it a blessing :)

Thanks Mr. Denning! :-D