LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
If you enjoy podcasts, we have an LSAT-related podcast available on all major platforms, including:

Detailed timing notes for each episode, including links to articles discussed in the podcast can be found on our blog, at:

If you get a chance, take a listen!

Also, if you have any questions you'd like to hear us address, feel free to post them here or email them to lsat@powerscore.com or lsatpodcast@powerscore.com.
 alberto
|
Good morning its Alberto.
Thank you and I enjoyed your lastest PodCast, very witty and informative, both you Mr. Dave and Mr. Jon.
I also sent a post question concerning logic games, preptest 47 and pretest 6. Some similarites.
I sent my question 5 minutes ago, on march 19th. I appreciate all responses thank you.
As well thank you for the detail PodCast and webinar.

Alberto
 Hordfest
|
Can't wait for the March LSAT summary Podcast. Always fun to watch Jon and Dave nerd out about the difficulty and potential curve of the latest LSAT!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hordfest wrote:Can't wait for the March LSAT summary Podcast. Always fun to watch Jon and Dave nerd out about the difficulty and potential curve of the latest LSAT!
Thanks, we enjoy doing it!!
 manchas
|
Hi...I believe this was touched upon in one of the recent episodes, but just to confirm, is the received wisdom nowadays that score cancellations are NOT taboo? I took the exam twice a few years ago - cancelled once and then took it again and unfortunately suffered a panic attack that resulted in a score lower than when I first started studying for the LSAT.

So, two exams - one cancellation and one recorded with an abysmal score. I want to dip my toes back into the water (given the ideal conditions for July) but am concerned that another potential cancellation ( lol, love my optimism!) may look really bad, given my previous cancellation.

Thanks in advance....
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
manchas wrote:Hi...I believe this was touched upon in one of the recent episodes, but just to confirm, is the received wisdom nowadays that score cancellations are NOT taboo? I took the exam twice a few years ago - cancelled once and then took it again and unfortunately suffered a panic attack that resulted in a score lower than when I first started studying for the LSAT.

So, two exams - one cancellation and one recorded with an abysmal score. I want to dip my toes back into the water (given the ideal conditions for July) but am concerned that another potential cancellation ( lol, love my optimism!) may look really bad, given my previous cancellation.

Thanks in advance....
Hi Manchas,

The times have really changed recently, and since the high score is the only score schools now care about, they've largely started ignoring cancellations. So, a few cancels are meaningless. If you hit 4 or more, then you'd probably want to explain it, but even then they don't care if you also nail a high score. So, your two cancellations (should that come to pass) won't matter at all, especially when compared to the chances of a higher score! So go for it :)

Thanks!
 alberto
|
This message is for Mr. Jon Denning. Thank you. You and Mr. Dave K.are correct for me to watch for patterns and to keep track of these so I know how to approach and answer the questions thereafter. With that said, I wanted to say that when you did the video on Mr. Jon June 2018 LSAT logic game #3, The Nominations where one of either variable could be the mayor or councilor is similar to the setup of the game #1 you did in prep test 78 game: Special Project Workers where the setup is eerily similar with one of the variables is a leader and so on with the setup. I just wanted to emphasize the point that I have seen a similar pattern in both and the way you explain Mr. Jon in both videos, the setup has helped and I wish to say thank you and I hope to do well.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.