LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 ava17
|
Hi!

I'm trying to optimize my prep for the March exam, and have focused on doing earlier logic games so far. Is there a set of prep tests that had harder RC or LR that would be good for doing in terms of individual sections? Thanks!
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Ava,

In general, I think that doing the more recent tests/using more recent sections is the best plan. There have been several highly difficult passages over the past few years, and I think they'll give you a good sense of how the section typically goes. In any case, for reading comp, I'd hesitate to go any earlier than 2007, as that's when the comparative reading section was added.

For logical reasoning, I'd still recommend fairly recent tests. The exact mix of question types changes over time, and the best way to get a sense of what YOUR test will likely look like is to take recent tests/sections. Use many of the recent tests as full PTs, but there should still be plenty for you to pull practice sections before March.

As for some specific hard RC passages, here is a great list of some of the hardest passages we've seen.

Hope that helps!
Rachael

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.