LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Ssouki
|
Hello,

I have several posts about my situation before. Now the January LSAT came up, and I scored 8 points lower than my average PT!! I even scored lower than my second retake:( I got a 155 now as I did the 1st time I took the test in September 2018! I am not sure what to do at this point. How will schools look at this 3rd retake? My highest was the 2nd one, which was 159. I regret retaking, but I also don't know what happened honestly. I already submitted some of my applications. I am disappointed and don't know how to proceed at this point.

Thank you
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
First things first, Ssouki, and that's to not worry at all about your newest score. Your high score of 159 is still your high score, and nothing about your retake diminishes that in any way. Despite persistent myths to the contrary, schools no longer average your scores, so a lower score on a retake, while unfortunate, does zero harm. How schools will look at your 3rd score is simple - they won't, because your prior score was higher.

How do you proceed from here is another question entirely. It is no longer considered unusual to take the test a 4th time, and if you are able to get a higher score in, say, March (the registration deadline for which is still a few days away), that could increase your chances of an outright acceptance, or of getting off a waiting list, and it could also impact possible scholarship money, while getting the same score or something lower will again do no harm. Balance that against the cost, the time you would have to invest in further study and practice, and the mental and physical toll of gearing up to go into battle once again, and you have a lot to consider. Perhaps working with a private tutor, even for just a few hours, to help you target key areas where you could make some adjustments to your approach would be worth considering?

Give a listen to Jon and Dave's latest podcast, which is all about the decision to retake (or not), and see if it helps you come to a decision. Episode 2 was also about retaking, so you might want to start there. Here are the links:

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-po ... s-and-cons

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-po ... w-to-study
 Ssouki
|
Hi Adam,

I listened to both of these podcasts. They made me feel a lot better about a 4th retake! I registered for March and maybe hoping for a better outcome..

Thank you so much

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.