to the top

January 26th, 2019 LSAT Information and Discussion

ctang99
LSAT Novice
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:01 am
Points: 3

Hey Powerscore.

Just wondering where we can find the podcast later today?
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Points: 3,104

ctang99 wrote:Hey Powerscore.

Just wondering where we can find the podcast later today?


We are recording it right now! After that it will be sound processed overnight and then sent to iTunes. As soon as we have it live, I'll post it here :)
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Points: 3,104

It's posted over at: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast

And tomorrow it will post on iTunes :)
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
blackwhiteblue
LSAT Novice
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:57 pm
Points: 1

Do the sections within each real section never vary in order? For the RC, is it 100% that everyone who took it had the comparative passage first, the nebula second, the copyright/trademark third, and placebo fourth?
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Points: 3,104

blackwhiteblue wrote:Do the sections within each real section never vary in order? For the RC, is it 100% that everyone who took it had the comparative passage first, the nebula second, the copyright/trademark third, and placebo fourth?


Yes, it is always a set order inside each section :)
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
sarahmil
LSAT Novice
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:21 am
Points: 4

Hi,

I think you said something about this test being -11. Could you explain what that means? I'm not sure I really understand it.

Also, around what would a score of missing around 14 be?

Thanks!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Points: 3,104

sarahmil wrote:Hi,

I think you said something about this test being -11. Could you explain what that means? I'm not sure I really understand it.

Also, around what would a score of missing around 14 be?

Thanks!


Sure, here's what that means: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/what-d ... sat-curve-

And here's how scales tend to shake out over the years: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/cor ... rgeted.cfm

Thanks!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
Jalvar17
LSAT Novice
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:35 pm
Points: 1

Hi guys,

Thanks for all you do. I took the January 26th LSAT and had the following format:

LR(26) RC LR(26) LR(25) LG.

I keep seeing that people are claiming that the second LR section was experimental. However, I am not convinced that this is the case. I was wonderig if the LSAT makers keep the experimental section consistent throughout the test. Is it possible that some people with the same format as me had the LR experimental section first while others had it second? Thanks again for your help!
JurisBlonde
LSAT Novice
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:46 pm
Points: 3

Jalvar17 wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks for all you do. I took the January 26th LSAT and had the following format:

LR(26) RC LR(26) LR(25) LG.

I keep seeing that people are claiming that the second LR section was experimental. However, I am not convinced that this is the case. I was wonderig if the LSAT makers keep the experimental section consistent throughout the test. Is it possible that some people with the same format as me had the LR experimental section first while others had it second? Thanks again for your help!



Hi Jalvar,

I had the same format as you. My second LR was experimental- it had the Australian bee question and something about a politician. I think that some students do get a different order. I'm not really sure though!
lathlee
LSAT Destroyer
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:53 pm
Points: 574

What is the powerscore's guess/best prediction date for score release?