to the top

January 26th, 2019 LSAT Information and Discussion

Legallybrunette
LSAT Novice

Hi Guys..
I had LR RC LR LR LG. This was my third time taking the test. The first two times I scored the same score (144) and vowed to change that to a score in at least the 150s. Therefore I quit my job to make studying my full time priority for 6 months. The night before the test comes and I felt good and prepared ready to conquer. Unfortunately, that night I only received 2 hours of sleep.

The morning of, I woke up still feeling confident. I go to the testing center and as soon as I opened the book it is like reality hit and a feeling of panic came over me. I suddenly got extremely bad anxiety on the verge of having to leave the room and I attempted to read question 1 but couldn’t get passed it. I eventually talked myself through it and began the section. I did not have as clear of a head as I normally do when I prepped and I feel like I completely blacked out on how I feel I did. I got through the section and the rest of the sections, but my memory of the questions and how I answered I don’t remember. I’m so angry because I prepped so long and hard for this and only to have anxiety which I never experienced during the exam or any exam for that matter.

Should I cancel my score? Should I wait until I receive my score considering I could’ve still done well?

Thank you.
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

modernroman wrote:Hi Dave/Jon,

Is it true that accommodated test takers testing after Saturday were given a different exam? If so, there a page on your blog where that exam is discussed? Thanks!

No, many of the Saturday accommodations examinees appear to have been given the same exam. But there have now been reports that some accommodated test takers from today were given the February 2015 LSAT, and info on that test is here https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/februa ... at-details
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

12aletsgoblue wrote:Would someone please add LR-RC-LG-LR-LG to the main post? I was initially worried I misremembered the order, but I've had others confirm it to me that it was their order too. The 3rd LG was experimental--the one with district grants being given to specific projects, with different considerations whether it was a park, road, or station, as well as mechanical engineers and interior designers.

Added!
Dave Killoran
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Legallybrunette wrote:Hi Guys..
I had LR RC LR LR LG. This was my third time taking the test. The first two times I scored the same score (144) and vowed to change that to a score in at least the 150s. Therefore I quit my job to make studying my full time priority for 6 months. The night before the test comes and I felt good and prepared ready to conquer. Unfortunately, that night I only received 2 hours of sleep.

The morning of, I woke up still feeling confident. I go to the testing center and as soon as I opened the book it is like reality hit and a feeling of panic came over me. I suddenly got extremely bad anxiety on the verge of having to leave the room and I attempted to read question 1 but couldn’t get passed it. I eventually talked myself through it and began the section. I did not have as clear of a head as I normally do when I prepped and I feel like I completely blacked out on how I feel I did. I got through the section and the rest of the sections, but my memory of the questions and how I answered I don’t remember. I’m so angry because I prepped so long and hard for this and only to have anxiety which I never experienced during the exam or any exam for that matter.

Should I cancel my score? Should I wait until I receive my score considering I could’ve still done well?

Thank you.

Hi Legally,

Oh boy, I'm so sorry to hear this! Conventional advice is that you don't need to cancel unless you've had a known disaster since schools in the US focus solely on your high score. That doesn't seem to be a complete certainty in this case, but nothing you've said here makes me feel good, from the lack of sleep to the initial anxiety to not remembering anything (which has always been a concern in my experience).

I have to head out at this point, but feel free to let me know if you remember anything at all about the test—that makes a difference here because if you went into a sort of trance, we won't have any idea what happened!

Thanks and don't agonize over this, it's just a test and if you take another and do better, it effectively erases any prior low scores :-D There's always another chance!
Dave Killoran
spid3r16
LSAT Apprentice

Legallybrunette wrote:Hi Guys..
I had LR RC LR LR LG. This was my third time taking the test. The first two times I scored the same score (144) and vowed to change that to a score in at least the 150s. Therefore I quit my job to make studying my full time priority for 6 months. The night before the test comes and I felt good and prepared ready to conquer. Unfortunately, that night I only received 2 hours of sleep.....

.... Thank you.

Hi LegallyBrunette,

Sorry to hear about your experience; congrats on getting through it.

I wanted to share some tips to help with exam anxiety:

1 - mindfulness meditation (simple breathing exercises/techniques to help u relax); i would do it for 5 to 10 mins a day in the days leading up to the test, but also on the day of, and while u wait for the exam to start. (headspace, even without premium, is a good app for this, or simply check out YouTube vids on it.)
2 - putting down your pencil, taking a few deep breaths, and reminding yourself that you’re prepared to take on the test; it’s not too different from the practice questions you have already done.
3 - skip to an easy/short/manageable question if the first question seems odd or particularly difficult to begin the test on.

As for whether you cancel or not, Dave has answered it better already.

I admire your dedication and wish you well. Please feel free to pm me and I can share some stuff that have worked in my lsat prep journey.

Best!
Last edited by spid3r16 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spid3r16
LSAT Apprentice

Dave Killoran wrote:
spid3r16 wrote:Hi Jon,

First, thank you so much for all that you do for us. This is an incredible service.

Secondly, I would like to ask for a little advice on a problem with my test site:

The room where my LSAT was proctored was baking hot the entire time. A number of us complained/brought it to the attention of the proctors before the test began. They simply said that they were “working on it.” They kept the door open during the test, but the temperature remained at what felt like at least 80 degrees with all those people crammed into the room.

Q is: is this something to report to the LSAC? If so, what good, if any, would even come out of it?

Thanks.

Hi Spider,

Yes, I would report it. LSAC will launch an "investigation" (which is mainly reading reports) and then if they substantiate the issue and determine it affect performance they will offer to have you keep your score and they will put a note in your file that conditions were adverse, or you can cancel and take the next LSAT (or any later test) for free. Not much, but something.

If you can get others to complain, that helps too!

Thank you for the response, Dave.

My only concern in reporting it is that LSAC website says they will withold my test score while they investigate which may delay when law schools receive my completed application. One of my schools has granted me an extension but made it clear they would not grant further extension. What do i do?
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

spid3r16 wrote:Thank you for the response, Dave.

My only concern in reporting it is that LSAC website says they will withold my test score while they investigate which may delay when law schools receive my completed application. One of my schools has granted me an extension but made it clear they would not grant further extension. What do i do?

Hmm, that kind of makes the choice, doesn't it? If there's no additional time to spare, you can't afford to have your scores delayed. That means you shouldn't file the report :/
Dave Killoran
coralconsulting77
LSAT Apprentice

This was what I recall

LR(26)-RC(27)-LR(exp)(26)-LR(25)-LG(23)
alberto
LSAT Apprentice

Good evening this is Alberto.
This message is for Mr. Dave K. if available if no, then please someone response to my question when time and give me a few days, I am respectfully asking? Thank you.

I be brief exhausted just took LSAT today
And I was perturbed and did not know what to do about the colored flower logic game and i had to waste a lot time to figure out that shorter than met not only the columns had to be vertical in the initial setup but also the numbers and order of variables descending Right?

The bank had the east and the west branches and 3 to 4 variables setup in a grouping way who in or out and yes the 3 parts: loans mortgage and investments. But that column logic game I aforementioned was a real trip. Please excuse my slang tired.

The logical reasoning very interesting a lot of justified assumptions and few fill in the blanks and the evaluating question quite a bit surprisingly and one or 2 strengthener questions must be true main point principle questions a fair share mixed with parallel and its flaws.

How to setup that logic column game is it really descending oredr for variables. Thank you for all help and good night.

Alberto
louisek
LSAT Novice

Does anyone remember which of the stim subjects listed were from the real 26 question LR? I felt much better about the 25 question LR, primarily because I had ample time to go back and check my answers. I'm trying to remember the questions from the 26 section but it was my first section and I am entirely blanking