to the top

January 2019 LSAT - International Test Discussion

Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

The LSAT that international test takers are given is different from the US/Canada test, so we have created this thread to minimize confusion as everyone gets together to talk about their test content.

Here are the January International LSAT dates and locations:

..... January 26th, 2019: South America, Central America, Mexico, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East

..... January 27th, 2019: Australia, New Zealand, and Asia

This information can then help you better predict your own scoring outcomes, and determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although these days you rarely should cancel since only your highest score matters). For more assistance on making that decision, please visit: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

When you post, please indicate when and where you took the LSAT, and then follow the posting guidelines (and other considerations) provided below!

Per LSAC policies, you are allowed to discuss LSAT question topics and difficulty in general. For example, this means you can identify a game by name and discuss whether you thought it was difficult. You cannot talk about specific answer choices, however. So, "The Water Tubes game was difficult for me" is fine; "the answer to the first three questions was A in that game" is not acceptable.

Note: The list below will be updated in real time as we learn more about the exam, and thus is neither official nor complete while the discussion is ongoing. If you are considering cancelling based on the details provided here, give this thread a day or two so that we can make sure all of the information is accurate.

Working Information

Europe

The test in the UK appears to have been the same exam as the December 2016 International (European) LSAT.

Scored Sections

Real Logic Games

Floors of a gallery/museum with different mediums (sculpture, painting, etc)
        Academic scholarships in humanities, mathematics, or sciences
        Selection of five witnesses out of seven
        Assignment of journalists to metro, life, and national sections of a paper

Real Reading Comprehension

UN Declaration of Human Rights (Comparative Reading)
        Silkworms in Colombia/Coffee
        Guy who didn't want to be called a Subjectivist but thought emotions were important/Value theory
        The evolution of Bipedalism in hominids

Real Logical Reasoning

Squirrels covering their bodies with rattlesnake venom
        2 people disagreeing about a science fiction novel
        Marine wildlife pollution
        Lakes/rivers on Mars
        Aloe vera
        Geese migrating in V-formation
        T-rex fossils & turbinates in sinuses
        Grad student thesis on Kant
        Dieting
        Jurors using technology in the courtroom

Section Orders

LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

Asia

The test in Asia appears to have been the same exam as the September 2017 International (European) LSAT.

Scored Sections

Real Logic Games

Apartments with pet and non-pet owners

Real Reading Comprehension

Sandstone fossil
        Farming method

Real Logical Reasoning

Vitamin C and Placebo
        Hotel cooling/heating system

Uncertain

LR: Apple orchids with ants living in roots (1st Q)
        LR: Race girl won't come in second (#1),
        LR: Personal computer retail

Section Orders

RC-LG-LR-LR-LG
        LR(25)-RC(27)-LR(25)-LG(23)-LR(25)

North American LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?t=27093

Sabbath-Observer LSAT Information

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27091
Jon Denning
PowerScore Test Preparation

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jonmdenning
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/jon-denning
shortee0602
LSAT Novice

Does anyone know what the game topics were for the experimental game? Had RC, LG, LR, LG, LR
Last edited by shortee0602 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parpahoven
LSAT Novice

Had LR,RC,LR,LR,LG. Think my second LR was experimental. I found the first LR tricky...
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

What would really be useful is if some of the Asia test takers list out the RC and LG topics they had. We know the Europe exam was the December 2016 International LSAT, and typically Asia is a different test.

Anyone care to post those LG/RC topics? If so, let us also know where you took the exam. Thanks!

Edit: looks like the January 2019 Asia test was the same as the September 2017 LSAT given to international European test takers. But extra confirming posts would be helpful!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran