LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 sdsu1414
|
Just ordered my power score books. Did a course and wasn’t that impressed. My inititial practice test was 141 in October, and I was going to take the lsat in December but am choosing to wait till March. My most recent practice test was 152. Next text is March 30...is it possible for me to increase up to the 160-165 range?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Sure it's possible, sdsu1414! You've already come a long way, 11 points up from where you started, and continued hard work and practice can get you a lot further. It's up to you to put in the work, of course, and to take advantage of all the resources at your disposal, including the books and this forum, but also our blog, practice tests, and anything else you can get your hands on. We can't guarantee any particular results, of course, but you aren't describing anything unreasonable here.

Here are a few resources you could tap into, especially since you have decided to invest in our publications (and thank you for that vote of confidence, we appreciate it!)

Our self-study site, where you can get free study guides for the 2.5 months you have left (and I would suggest the 3 month plan if you can compress it some based on your prior experience; otherwise, the 2 month plan with a little breathing room)

https://studentcenter.powerscore.com/self-study/

This blog article to help you make the most of your practice tests:

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-be ... tice-tests

If tutoring is an option that fits in with your available time and budget, consider speaking with one of our tutors. We have options for online as well as in person tutoring, depending on where you are, and a tutor may be able to help you pinpoint a few key areas for improvement to drive that score up.

Good luck! We'll look forward to hearing more from you here to help you with your goals.
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi sdsu1414!

Thanks for the question! To add to Adam's great advice, I also see that you mentioned you took a course and it wasn't the best option for you. If it was one of our PowerScore courses you took, please let us know! We'd certainly want to make sure you're satisfied with the class, and that you're able to fully take advantage of all the resources we provide. :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.