LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 BrianGT87
|
Notre Dame invited me to apply for the Polking Fellowship and I’m wondering how Much stock to put into that. The fellowship itself looks very nice, but is an invitation if that sort something they would over extend (if that makes sense), it does that mean they would consider me a serious contender?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
BrianGT87 wrote:Notre Dame invited me to apply for the Polking Fellowship and I’m wondering how Much stock to put into that. The fellowship itself looks very nice, but is an invitation if that sort something they would over extend (if that makes sense), it does that mean they would consider me a serious contender?
I don't recall with certainty (simply because there are so many scholarships out there), but I believe that's an open invitation sent to all applicants still under consideration. So, not an indicator at all of whether you'll get it or even get in.
 BrianGT87
|
Gotcha.

Does it make a difference if I haven’t even applied to the school? Because I have not, as of yet.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
BrianGT87 wrote:Gotcha.

Does it make a difference if I haven’t even applied to the school? Because I have not, as of yet.
Yes it does, it means they've further broadened the offer pool compared to last time I checked. So, still useless as an indicator but now going to even more people, probably making it even harder to get!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.