LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 RiseandGrind
|
Hello,

University of San Francisco test center cancelled our November LSAT at 7:52 AM on Saturday, due to poor air quality. Our test has been rescheduled to a later undisclosed date and time. I was wondering if you have any insight into what kind of test we can expect in the next week or two and how to best prepare? Are there any particular undisclosed February LSAT's we should research just in case? Thank you so much for your help.
 Malila Robinson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello RiseandGrind,
Sorry to hear about your canceled test, I can understand how that would be very frustrating. The good news is that the tests are all very similar, there will not be anything strange about the test that you take in comparison to the one that you should have taken. There are many versions of each test. This is done because test takers who have accommodations are given alternate versions of the monthly test, and they tend to test over a period of 7-10 days after the main test is given. You will likely get one of those versions, and it has been deemed to be statistically comparable to the test that was given the month you are taking it.
As for studying I would suggest that you just continue with what you were doing. Focus on your weakest areas, but also make sure you don't overdo the extra studying since this is longer than expected.
Good luck! You've got this!
-Malila
 RiseandGrind
|
Thank you so much Jon and Malila! Just heard from LSAC that our test is being rescheduled to December 1st. So happy we finally have a set date.
 monheger
|
Hi, I too have a question about the make-up exam. Jon, I saw your other response, here: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/best-o ... ts-listing. And from that response, it seems like there are a lot of possibilities for the make up exam. Your answer also seems to be pretty different from Malila's answer -- that the test will be similar to the one given in Nov, potentially even a different version of that same test?

Trying to figure out how to focus my studying to stay sharp without overdoing it and wondering if it makes sense to focus on some older PTs or to keep focusing on the more recent ones?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
monheger wrote:Hi, I too have a question about the make-up exam. Jon, I saw your other response, here: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/best-o ... ts-listing. And from that response, it seems like there are a lot of possibilities for the make up exam. Your answer also seems to be pretty different from Malila's answer -- that the test will be similar to the one given in Nov, potentially even a different version of that same test?

Trying to figure out how to focus my studying to stay sharp without overdoing it and wondering if it makes sense to focus on some older PTs or to keep focusing on the more recent ones?
Hi M,

Malila was specifically referring to the fact that for each administration, multiple different LSATs are typically used: the regular, Sabbath, international LSATs are all completely different. However, on a basic level, all LSATs are similar. So taking one test over another is not, in LSAC's eyes, an advantage of any sort. Jon's comment addressed a different point, that we can rule out certain exams they've used previously as the makeup exam they will give here. But ruling out a few doesn't suddenly allow anyone to know which test they will use this time around (unfortunately!).

The makeup test give for this exam will NOT be the November LSAT; it will be a completely different LSAT with no overlap from the exam given a week ago (assuming they hold to all prior traditions in giving makeup tests). Keep doing recent PTs, the makeup exams are typically from the last 5-7 years max. Which, having said that, don't forget that older games in particular tend to be harder overall than recent games, and as such can be a great practice ground.

Thanks and good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.