to the top

November 17th, 2018 LSAT Information and Discussion

Anyasiesta
LSAT Apprentice

ks8 wrote:I had three LR sections, all 25 questions. One section included a question about organic farming, as well as a question about full time employees/working there for more/less than 5 years -- do we know whether this was experimental or not?

I remember these questions. I had 3 LR sections also though.
radishtatt
LSAT Novice

Anyasiesta wrote:Does anyone with only two LR sections recall the question about foraging bees vs caregiving bees and brain size?

I do not! I had two logic games sections. Probably want more than just my memory to confirm though.
radishtatt
LSAT Novice

ks8 wrote:I had three LR sections, all 25 questions. One section included a question about organic farming, as well as a question about full time employees/working there for more/less than 5 years -- do we know whether this was experimental or not?

I remember the organic fertilizer one and the other one rings a bell but not a strong one. I had two LGs, so hopefully that helps!
Amanda97
LSAT Novice

Does anyone remember having an LR question about integrity and people who are fundamentally selfish? Trying to figure out if that section was experimental.
Cara
LSAT Novice

I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR. Does anyone remember having an LR question about the cause of a recent decrease in the population of an animal? The stimulus seemed to state some chemical in the soil was the cause, because that animal has a lot of chance to get exposed to the soil. One of the answers stated another reason -- some potential predators (certain birds). It is in my second LR. Trying to figure out if that section was experimental. This is my only clue.

I heard people having the same order of sections said the second LR was the hardest. But it seems to be the easiest LR ever for me. That felt very strange and abnormal! I am afraid I actually bombed that section.
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Asandler15 wrote:In one of my LE sections (section 1), I noticed the phrase “state of affairs” in answer choices for three or four different questions. I was wondering if this was the experimental or if anyone else noticed this as unusual? That phrase didn’t seem too common on any previous PT.

I think you asked me this on Twitter! I'll post what I said there just in case you didn't :-D

"Is that a common phrase on the LSAT? No. Has it been used before? Yes, multiple times. The use of the phrase alone isn't indicative of the Experimental. For ex, see PT46, LR1, #3"

From: https://twitter.com/DaveKilloran/status ... 1218035712

Please let me know if that helps. thanks!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
cthebean
LSAT Novice

I was LR, RC, LR, LR, LG and am still trying to figure out which of my LR sections was experimental. I remember a point at issue question from my third LR section having to do with vampires, and whether modern vampire stories are absurd. Does anyone who didn't have an experimental LR section recall that question?
eneritac
LSAT Novice

nthky wrote:I am trying to determine which one of my LR sections was experimental. I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG.

The ONLY question I can with 100% certainty match to a specific section is a question which was essentially describing the volkswagen scandal wherein the company manipulated sensors to detect when it was being tested to illegally bypass emissions monitoring and earn an artificially more favorable rating. I know it was in my first LR section.

Does anyone recall this question? Was this experimental or not? I do not recall whether it was 25 or 26 questions.

That must have been experimental. I had LG experimental, so all my LR was scored, and I would have remembered a question about sensors in cars because I'm a mechanic.
eneritac
LSAT Novice

cthebean wrote:I was LR, RC, LR, LR, LG and am still trying to figure out which of my LR sections was experimental. I remember a point at issue question from my third LR section having to do with vampires, and whether modern vampire stories are absurd. Does anyone who didn't have an experimental LR section recall that question?

All of my LR sections were scored, and I do not remember this question.
Elfume
LSAT Novice

My order was LG-RC-LR-LR-LG. I understand that the first LG was experimental. Is that correct?