LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 gcs4v333
|
I've used the Powerscore books since March, and have been taking the real LSATs and checking my work and answers on this forum since the summer in preparation for the test this Saturday (gulp). I've noticed that for more recent LSATs, the administrators haven't been giving a detailed synopsis of the problems like they did for older LSATs. Before, they would categorize each question, and then provide an entire breakdown. Now, they ask for questions, and address issues that are specifically brought up.

Why the change? I'm sure the old way must have been a ton of work, but the old way has been much more helpful. I've been working through the LSATs in backward chronological order and my practice test scores were stuck in the same place for months. However, since working on older tests that Powerscore provides the full breakdown for in the forum, I've seen my practice scores slowly but steadily rise. Maybe it's a correlation over causation thing. But I'm sure it would be helpful to people besides myself to have things go back to the old way. Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi G,

It's not actually a change :-D What's been happening is that we've been in the process of porting over thousands of explanations for all tests, a process that is unfortunately rather time-consuming (especially so with LG which often requires a number of special graphics to be made from the original explanations).

At the same time, new tests come out, and we then have a choice: simply not post anything about those tests, or post in the fashion we have been recently where we pre-create a section for each question from each new test. We chose the latter, because it then allows students to ask about the problems bothering them the most. Over time, however, we will replace those "ask here" placeholders with actual explanations.

Hopefully the alternate cause above makes sense, but let me know if not ;)

Thanks!
 gcs4v333
|
Gotcha. Awesome, thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.