LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 llhudon
|
Hello,

I am currently working through the 12-month study plan, and have purchased all the necessary materials. Chapter 2 of the Type Training is my current assignment, but I'm not totally sure the best way to approach these chapters. So far, I've only done 7 questions (un-timed) and on a separate piece of paper I am diagramming the stimuli pretty extensively, and writing down my prephase before reading the answer choices. I figure I should do this in rounds; one round being untimed, and then the others timed. I am hoping that as I start going through the problems untimed and diagramming a lot that eventually I won't rely on it as much. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best approach to get the most out of the Type Training?

Thanks,
Lauren
 Claire Horan
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Lauren,

It sounds like you have a pretty good plan. I'll offer a few tips.

It's good to start out with untimed practice before you move to timed practice because it helps you avoid the anxiety/stress of a clock and focus on learning the process. Avoid the pitfall, though, of developing habits that are too slow. Although your diagramming will get faster, writing full sentences and drawing very neatly, for example, will always be too slow to be successful LSAT strategies. So even when you are working untimed, you will want to practice as if you were timed, using the Powerscore strategies to help you find the correct answer as quickly as possible.

As far as whether you will eventually be able to diagram less, this varies from person to person. Just remember that diagramming is one tool of many, and you don't have to solve every problem using exactly the same process.

Good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.