LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 HecubaElliot
|
Hi,

Is it the case that Yale looks down on cancelling/retaking the LSAT barring a family death or something of the like that affected one's performance? I've heard some chatter that that is the case, but it didn't jibe with what I thought I knew.

I've also read on the blog at various times (but most recently here:https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/does-s ... ur-chances) that Yale Law's admissions process is "unique". What does that entail? Do you have a link to another blog post that discusses that -- I couldn't find one.

Thanks
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
HecubaElliot wrote:Hi,

Is it the case that Yale looks down on cancelling/retaking the LSAT barring a family death or something of the like that affected one's performance? I've heard some chatter that that is the case, but it didn't jibe with what I thought I knew.
No, they do not. They have no idea why you cancelled, and don't much care :-D

HecubaElliot wrote:I've also read on the blog at various times (but most recently here:https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/does-s ... ur-chances) that Yale Law's admissions process is "unique". What does that entail? Do you have a link to another blog post that discusses that -- I couldn't find one.

Thanks
No, there's no separate post about that (and none planned by us). But the reference there is in part because Yale doesn't show a preference for early apps, and also because the entire faculty engages in the admissions process. At the core is the idea that when you are the top school in the country, you get to select who you want, and the candidates are so good it almost feels random. This results in a unique process where an applicant with a 3.9/180 gets rejected, something that almost never happens elsewhere.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.