LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 PianolessPianist
|
Hey!

Just a quick question - Am I allowed to make small marks on my bubble sheet?

I often like to mark the questions I'm less certain of so that I can review them with my leftover time.
I know I can mark them in the question booklet, but would I be allowed to do so on the bubble sheet itself?

Thanks!
 thegr8gatsby
|
IMHO This is a very, very bad idea for several reasons:

1) You don’t want to give LSAC any reason to suspect funny business.

You are permitted to work on only one section at a time and you may not return to a section, and, according to LSAC rules, you could be sanctioned and have your score canceled if you are discovered to have done either. Marking questions on your answer sheet could raise questions.

2) You don’t want to do anything that could cause a scanning error. Stray marks can cause such errors, which is why you are instructed not to make any.

3) You may confuse yourself and misbubble.

Circle the questions in the booklet, not on your answer sheet. This is completely allowed and will not cause any of the above issues. Break this habit ASAP.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
PianolessPianist wrote:Hey!

Just a quick question - Am I allowed to make small marks on my bubble sheet?

I often like to mark the questions I'm less certain of so that I can review them with my leftover time.
I know I can mark them in the question booklet, but would I be allowed to do so on the bubble sheet itself?

Thanks!
I've seen people do this on the side of the box around each section and never have any problems. It's common enough that I'm sure LSAC gets that you are tracking problems. However, just to be sure, keep any stray marks away from the bubbles, and make sure each bubble is fully filled in. That will avoid any issues whatsoever.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.