LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 jennie
|
How important is the LSAT score in getting a scholarship? I'm an international student and from a poor family. I must get a full scholarship and it's the only way I can afford going to law school. I took the LSAT once and got 175. Is it enough? Should I take it again and try to get 178-180 or should I work on application essays and other things? Which top schools give out more full scholarships to international students? Thank you for your advice!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
jennie wrote:How important is the LSAT score in getting a scholarship? I'm an international student and from a poor family. I must get a full scholarship and it's the only way I can afford going to law school. I took the LSAT once and got 175. Is it enough? Should I take it again and try to get 178-180 or should I work on application essays and other things? Which top schools give out more full scholarships to international students? Thank you for your advice!
Hi Jennie,

It's hugely important. But it also depends on the school, since lower ranked schools will happily give out full rides for a 175 whereas other schools won't. So, it really depends a lot on your grades, your LSAT, and sometimes your negotiating ability. To be honest, there are so many variables in play for each person that I can't be sure of the effect of a 178 vs a 175. It may be that your 175 is "enough." But, I can say that more points never hurts, and gives you the best chance of getting money. So, while I don't feel like retaking is a necessity, if your outcome requires a full scholarship, then you probably should retake if you are looking at a T10 school. The lower your grades, the more true this is, by the way.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.