LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT Logic Games.
 nmaugust
|
Powerscore,

I know the LGB recommends keeping sketches by the relaxin questions, but I keep finding that I need to use the bottom of the page which works ok except that it feels disorganized. Could someone explain or maybe show an example of how/where sketches should be drawn in a game and how they fit appropriately and in an organized fashion? Thanks!
 Brook Miscoski
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
August,

Normally what you would do would be to use the larger space that is at the bottom of the page to create your master diagram, and this should be the space where you diagram the rules, variables, and show your inferences. The reason that you don't later write in this is that you don't want to confuse local (single) questions with things that are always true about the diagram. The space next to the answer choices for a local question is a good place to do sketch work for that individual question. That also lets you save your work on that question in case you need it later, while keeping it visually separate from the master diagram, rules, variables, and inferences that always apply to the questions.

It's okay if the page looks messy at the end, the point is to keep local (individual question) information separate from global conditions.
 nmaugust
|
Thank you Brook! I have had some trouble fitting the individual question work into the spaces by the answer choices, but this might be something I can work on. I've also found that I have trouble keeping the rules and inferences in the diagram on the bottom left in mind as I continue to work - but hopefully this will become more natural with practice.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.