to the top

CV for Law School Application

Mark83
LSAT Leader

Hi guys,

I'm working on my CV for my application. I know you're supposed to tailor your CV based on what you're applying for so I have a question about job history and introduction statements.

1) Do I need to write a CV introduction like some jobs require, or is this uneccesary given the amount of background you already provide in the personal statement and forms.

2) In job history, do I include absolutely everything, or just jobs that are marginally relevant (I worked in a few menial jobs during undergrad). In the same token, should I include jobs from high school or only from during or after university?

3) Finally, should I try to keep it within 1 or 2 pages or be as detailed and comprehensive as possible.
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
PowerScore Staff

Mark83 wrote:Hi guys,

I'm working on my CV for my application. I know you're supposed to tailor your CV based on what you're applying for so I have a question about job history and introduction statements.

1) Do I need to write a CV introduction like some jobs require, or is this uneccesary given the amount of background you already provide in the personal statement and forms.

2) In job history, do I include absolutely everything, or just jobs that are marginally relevant (I worked in a few menial jobs during undergrad). In the same token, should I include jobs from high school or only from during or after university?

3) Finally, should I try to keep it within 1 or 2 pages or be as detailed and comprehensive as possible.

Hey Mark,

The rules aren't solid here, and you can go the direction you feel best presents you. however, as a general guideline the following applies:

1. No, it's an expanded resume in some ways, so it doesn't need an intro. Pus, they know what you are applying for :-D

2. You can skip the minor stuff! And start at university unless the HS stuff is highly relevant (rare, but possible).

3. If you go more than 2 pages, there should be a compelling reason for it (as in real depth). Don't try to fluff it up so it's longer—they will see right through that.

Thanks and good luck!
Dave Killoran
PowerScore Test Preparation
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DaveKilloran
My LSAT Articles: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/author/dave-killoran
Mark83
LSAT Leader

Thanks, Dave.