LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Reading Comprehension.
 abajaj
|
This is almost embarrassing to admit...but I have a lot of trouble with main point questions on RC. I'm generally able to get the rest of the questions (some issue with view point questions, but I'm addressing that actively already), but main point is just something I can never seem to get correct. Naturally after I can see what the correct answer is, I'm able to recognize where I went wrong, but I think I just get nervous during the section.

Is there any advice on how to better approach these questions?
 Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I always found it easier to do MP questions last, after working through the rest of the questions for that passage. You will likely have a much better grasp of the main point after working with the passage for 8-9 minutes. Alternatively, answer the MP first but double-check your answer before moving to another passage.

Also, when all the answers seem equally bad, go for the answer that 1) you can prove: these are still Prove-family questions, and 2) that covers the most textual "real estate" so to speak. Correct MP answers rarely focus on a single paragraph of the passage.

Hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.